You may not have realized that entrepreneurs generally follow a type. The similarities between the founders of startups and small businesses are more than one may think. The interest and motivation behind starting a company are very much the same for the majority of entrepreneurs.
- See Entrepreneurship Can Be an Attainable Goal for Anyone for more information.
Those that end up as entrepreneurs have the desire to be one from an early age, typically starting in college. Nearly half of entrepreneurs go on to start more than one business. Factors like not being able to find a job are not important since most entrepreneurs are well-educated, highly motivated, and have plenty of experience in their industry before starting out on their own.
Here are some facts about what most entrepreneurs are like:
- 50.1 percent have fathers with bachelors or advanced degrees.
- The majority are the middle child.
- They tend to be middle-aged and well-educated, but did better in high school than college.
- 51.9 percent are the first in their families to start a business.
- 95.1 percent have earned a bachelor’s degree.
- 47 percent have a more advanced degree.
- 69.9 percent were married when they started their first business.
- 59.7 percent had at least one child when they started their first business.
- Less than 1 percent come from extremely rich or poor backgrounds.
The best tips for attaining success is to take risks, make your own luck, be persistent, give back, and never stop learning.
Create Job Alert | Email to Friend |