Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Sr Project Manager
Sr. Project Manager (Project Escalation Manager) provides technical direction to engineering projects and services while reporting to multiple stakeholders both internal and external. Ensures that the project is on schedule, is high quality, is within determined budget, and meets the measures of success (MOS) and the high-level achievements (HLA). The position requires in depth knowledge of all aspects of ordering, provisioning and implementation processes. Manager must be able to seamlessly commandeer in flight installation projects at any phase. Partner in a team environment or be able to independently manage and document all aspects of one or more technical project(s) that are tactical or strategic in nature and involve one functional area. More often than not, this is a sub-part of a larger technical implementation with responsibility for one set or subset of the larger project.
• Provides input into scope packages; identifies roles and responsibilities, and deliverables for day to day projects or smaller projects.
• Develops the project delivery schedule for a subset of work, which includes identification and logical sequencing of activities needed to complete deliverables and to identify critical path. Relies on technical understanding and cross functional communication.
• Provides input to and communication of project plans, project status and issues to all stakeholders (including executive management, provisioning, customer care, and customer and project teams).
• Performs Monitoring and Controlling Functions - monitors and acts upon project metrics, develops and manages the project escalation plan, business case, test plan and metrics, build an environment schedule, and project budget, oversees inter-team coordination, vendor management, project/app communications/reporting.
5 years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience or 2-3 years with a Master's Degree
Demonstrated project management skills; must have experience in establishing timelines, detailed reports and executive summaries
Ability to manage projects to completion, and to provide status and escalation throughout the project process
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Strong communication skills (oral and written) are a must
Ability to communicate project needs to internal and external teams/vendors
• 5 years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience or 2-3 years with a Master's Degree
• Experience in several of the following: customer care process, provisioning/network process, NNS Escalation process, direct customer interaction, crisis management, production deployment, technical architecture development, and requirements management
• Must have strong analytical, organizational, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, presentation, process/project management and team work skills
• Flexibility to work on diverse list of projects across multiple technologies
• Strong computer skills with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Previous experience with the successful implementation of projects or processes or knowledge of telecom industry
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Ohio-Dublin; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/ EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Project Manager, Consulting, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Last verified - 0 day(s) 11 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]
Postal code: 43016