Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Senior Medical Writer
PAREXEL International Corporation
Senior Medical Writer
Parexel's Regulatory Medical Writing Services works closely with our clients around the world to develop and launch new medicines and treatments that improve healthcare for millions of patients. We’re one of the largest providers of medical writing services worldwide, and have managed thousands of writing projects in more than 29 countries across North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. As a result of continued customer satisfaction and business growth, this global team is expanding and offers many opportunities for career development.
In this role, you’ll prepare clinical documents for comprehensive clinical trials and programs. Using compliant Parexel and sponsor formats, styles and management systems, you’ll manage clinical document deliverables such as model informed consent forms, clinical study reports, pharmacovigilance documents and more. Our Medical Writers also participate in ongoing professional development programs to maintain current knowledge in the various areas. Explore opportunities within our core Clinical Development, Biotech, or Functional Service Provider (FSP) teams below.
Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"I really enjoy learning about the vast areas of clinical writing. Everyone is very professional,
knowledgeable, and it is easy to communicate with other staff."
Christine, Medical Writer II
"Parexel makes it easy to communicate and interact with each other, which allows
me access to expertise and knowledge beyond my own."
Kristy, Associate Manager
We are one truly global team working together to propel each client´s journey ahead faster.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
Love where you work, and work where you love.
Opportunity to work on a wide range of therapeutic areas, document types and clinical projects.
Parexel is in the business of improving the world’s health. We do this by providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that help clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do. We believe in our values; Patients First, Quality, Respect, Empowerment & Accountability.
We are looking for a number of Principal / Senior Medical Writer's due to an ever expanding team. These roles can be fully home based in various European countries.
As the Principal Medical Writer you will research, create, and edit all documents associated with clinical research. You will operate as the project lead writer/submission coordinator and primary client contact to manage contributions of multiple writers working on related documents. You will also facilitate process improvement and technical mentoring/training and support Medical Writing Services management during the sales process by providing client liaison and proposals input.
Author Clinical Documents
- Gather, review, analyze, and evaluate pertinent resources to prepare, develop, and finalize clinical documents for submission to regulatory authorities, including but not limited to: briefing documents, investigator brochures, study protocols, model informed consents, interim and final clinical study reports, common technical document (CTD) clinical overviews and summaries, safety update/aggregate reports, and integrated summaries of safety and efficacy.
- Revise document drafts based on the review comments from team members to ensure inclusion of all relevant input.
Ensure that all work is complete and of high quality prior to team distribution or shipment to client.
- Provide medical editing review of draft and final documents prepared by other writers before internal or external distribution. This includes both copyediting and content review.
- Operate as the project lead writer/submission coordinator and primary client Management contact to manage contributions of multiple writers working on related documents. Manage scope of work, timeline and project goals, technical information, and input from clients throughout the project.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee work plans for individual and multiple document delivery, to enable the team to work efficiently and effectively to meet milestones and achieve team objectives.
- Provide leadership and strategic planning/adjustments, delegation of responsibilities, and tasks to team members.
- Be aware of client expectations for self and team members. Respond appropriately to incidents of dissatisfaction, and feed back to Medical Writing Services management.
- Provide support as appropriate to Business Development/Client Solutions and Medical Writing Services management in their efforts to win new business. Identify and solicit new business leads for Medical Writing Services, attend business development meetings, and prepare and make sales presentations to clients, if called upon.
- Keep abreast of new advances in medical writing and regulatory issues.
- Develop and train Medical Writing Services staff to enhance writing quality, efficiency, and project management.
- Implement and monitor departmental compliance to SOPs. Input to development or revision of departmental SOPs, as appropriate.
- Attend departmental and company meetings as necessary.
- Comply with departmental procedures and requirements, such as completion of project assignment and workload trackers on the applicable software platform
- Analyze efficiency of work and discuss improvement ideas with Medical Writing Services management and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences/Health Related Sciences or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Motivation to work consistently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail, e.g., organizational skills.
- Competent working in a matrix environment and values the importance of teamwork. Possesses team leadership skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Exhibits sound judgement: escalates issues to project teams or departmental management as appropriate. Presents solutions and follows through to ensure problems have been satisfactorily resolved.
- Ability to negotiate on behalf of medical writing to ensure resources, timelines and expectations are aligned.
- Understands and satisfies client needs.
- Establishes a connection with the client beyond one's project, to gain repeat business and/or to widen existing scope and services. Ability to gain trust and confidence within the company.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical research, the drug development process, and industry guidelines and regulations, e.g., ICH-GCP.
- Extensive clinical/scientific writing skills acting as either a Senior Medical Writer or Principal Medical Writer
- Scientific background essential; writing experience includes multiple clinical documents: study reports, study protocols, or CTD documents or similar.
- Advanced word processing skills, including MS Office (expertise in Word); software and systems knowledge or ability to learn and adapt to various IT systems: document management systems, collaborative authoring (e.g., SharePoint), and file conversion and databases (Excel).
- Fluent in written and spoken English with appropriate attention to phraseology, grammar, and punctuation.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and a benefits package including holiday, pension, bonus and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
FAQ: Hiring during COVID-19
Learn how we recruit the best minds in these unprecedented times.
'Corporate Equality Index' 2022
Parexel ranks in the top 20 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index for LGBTQ Workforce Equality
At Parexel Germany are 750 employees, we have an Office, Early Phase Clinical Unit and Logistics Depot, and 40 nationalities.
Meet Julia: CVP, Head of Medical Writing
Julia provides leadership insights, inspiration and advice from her 20 years at Parexel.
Last verified - 0 day(s) 6 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]