Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Senior Legal Content Specialist - Benefits
Bloomberg Industry Group
Job Description Summary:
Bloomberg Industry Group is seeking an attorney who has strong experience in the benefits law practice area to fulfill the role of Senior Legal Content Specialist. This role requires strong legal research skills enabling tracking of legal developments for incorporation into existing or new content in assigned topic area. Performs complex legal analysis, legal writing, and tagging of assigned content. Assists the Practice Lead in determining, coordinating, and prioritizing coverage. May review and edit work of Content Specialists or Legal Content Specialists.
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
· Screens legislation, regulations, cases, and other legal developments; analyzes issues; edits, updates, and/creates new legal content.
· Identifies portions of primary source content that requires metadata tagging to support tools and search functionality.
· Identifies tools and improved content presentations to improve platform and customer usage.
· Develops and maintains sources and professional contacts in the government and private sectors, as assigned, to support assigned content.
· Exhibits a level of subject matter knowledge of issues in relevant legal fields sufficient to identify developments, prioritize work, and contextualize the development within assigned content.
· Recognizes and identifies new or emerging areas for potential content or coverage.
· Stays abreast of and effectively uses software, electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
· Remains aware of the competitive landscape, including a general understanding of tools and coverage of competitors.
· Acts as back-up to the Assistant Practice Lead.
· Coaches less experienced Content Specialists or Legal Content Specialists.
· Serves as a resource for others contributing to same or related practice area(s).
· Assists management in the identification and recruitment of potential outside-authored subject matter and authors.
· Communicates with outside authors regarding content preparation through meetings and written and oral correspondence.
· Stays abreast of and effectively uses electronic resources and other tools to perform the job efficiently.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as assigned.
· Demonstrated high level of subject matter knowledge, including mastery of legal research, analysis, and writing in international, federal, and/or state regulatory, legislative, and judicial processes.
· Demonstrated proficiency in independently carrying out highest level assignments and writing projects within deadlines. Prioritizes developments appropriately.
· Edits work of other content specialists and outside authors proficiently.
· Communicates regularly with authors on projects and helps develop content in conjunction with authors.
· Maintains high awareness of customer needs and has the ability to assist with customer questions and comments.
· Demonstrates proficiency in use of our publishing tools and other technology effectively with training.
· Proficiency in use of Bloomberg Law to optimize presentation and functionality of content.
· Demonstrates proficiency with online publishing system, including the ability to optimize documents (tagging and linking) for electronic platforms.
· Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in using and integrating platform tools in assigned content.
· Superior editing, organizational, and decision-making skills.
· Proven ability to interact and collaborate effectively with colleagues, outside authors, and others.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Thinks creatively and communicates ideas effectively.
Education and Experience:
· Juris Doctor. Certifications in assigned practice area preferred where available. Relevant coursework and/or experience in assigned subject areas preferred.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in some combination of legal writing and/or legal practice. Background in tax, ERISA or the affordable care act is preferred.
· Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
Last verified - 0 day(s) 14 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]
Bloomberg Industry Group, an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., is a leading source of legal, tax, regulatory, government, and business information for professionals.