Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Purchasing Manager for Restaurant Group
Centurion Restaurant Group
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall purchasing for the organization. The Purchasing Manager will maintain operations by following policies and standard operating procedures by managing quality, gross margin, determining and implementing system improvements. The Purchasing Manager will work with the Regional Management, Managing Partners, and Executive Chef Partners to provide tight control over all purchases within the company. They will monitor orders, invoices, and pricing. They will remain in regular contact with restaurant management teams to ensure best quality of product and quickly address any issues. They must take prompt and appropriate action to resolve problems and provide immediate solutions. The Purchasing Manager will work with food and beverage suppliers and partners to maintain adequate supplies at proper pricing and will perform periodic pricing reviews.
The Purchasing Manager will be the sourcing leader in the procurement of all perishable and non-perishable food and beverage ingredients and products as well as packaging materials for the business. They will support new product introductions and regularly evaluate the existing supply base to ensure lowest total cost, highest quality, and superior performance. They will drive cost reductions to the bottom line. This position may be asked to perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
• Negotiate pricing and freight to produce cost savings and reduce lead times.
• Assess entire flow of goods/materials to ensure efficient and on-time delivery of quality goods.
• Review demand forecasts with the team and work with vendors to ensure needed supplies remain available and well-priced.
• Work with restaurant teams to ensure correct and efficient inventories.
• Establish and monitor metrics to assess factors such as quality, cost, and delivery performance.
• Monitor suppliers: performance and reviews; periodic meetings addressing issues and areas of improvement.
• Work closely with other departments to assess new suppliers and raw materials assuring new materials meet food safety and quality specifications.
• Coordination of transportation shipping/logistics and practices to bolster efficiency and improvement.
• Oversee proper requisitioning, invoicing, purchasing, and ordering through Podio and Compeat procurement systems.
• Maintain a network of professional contacts beneficial for providing knowledge about and access to new opportunities for goods and services.
• Work with Executive Chef Partners and the Managing Partners to locate material, equipment, and/or supply vendors; interview them in order to determine product availability and beneficial sales terms.
• Control purchasing to stay in line with department budgets.
• Must understand all budget goals and make effective decisions to reach the goal.
• Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
• Prepare trend reports assessing developing market conditions and merchandise costs. Understand trends and be able to make effective decisions that will positively impact the operation.
• Continuously compare products and pricing and negotiate to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies.
• Understand supply chain of command.
• Review inventories of needed food and beverage products held by our suppliers. Track inventory supplies, depletions, and potential shortages, and adjust purchasing habits in accord with apparent business and supply trends.
• Strong customer service orientation
• Forecasting, sourcing, analysis and procurement of ingredients, commodities, and packaging materials for spot buy and/or long-term contracts and purchase agreements
• Build and maintaining a smooth, reliable, and accessible supply chain for all domestic and imported components
• Respond appropriately to issues of food safety and qualitySupervise and oversee the daily workflow activities of all purchasing-related activities
• Must be experienced in strategic sourcing and have a proven background of sustained cost improvement
• Demonstrate capability to understand and influence the P&L of the company
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills across multiple functions and levels of the business
• Proven track record of managing long term, strategic supplier relationships.
• Has successfully developed and implemented effective business strategies which call for coordination of activity across multiple functional areas.
Paid time off, accrued on a monthly basis;
Upon date of hire team members are eligible for 5 sick days per year;
Commitment to our Team Member’s work-life balance, with a five-day work week;
Contribute to Team Member Medical plans;
Additional insurance plans are available to our Team Members such as - Dental, Vision, Life, Cancer, Critical Illness and Disability Insurance;
You will receive a company comp card to that may be used for food and non-alcoholic beverage purchases when you dine with us, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Job Type: Full-time
Last verified - 0 day(s) 10 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]
A company created by foodies for foodies. That's how we can best describe Centurion Restaurant Group. From the inviting ambiance and design of each of the restaurants to the world-class cuisine infused with authentic flavors, we deliver a distinct experience to our customers.
Why a company made up of foodies by foodies? It is our way of bringing joy, satisfaction and good vibes to those who appreciate sincere hospitality. Creating unique environments, timeless concepts and outstanding food, is embedded in our core values and mission. Under the leadership of seasoned restaurateurs, the Centurion Restaurant Group is committed to delivering the highest level of hospitality and guest experience for each of our restaurant brands.