Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Programmable Network Technical Architect
The Senior Infrastructure Architect designs and develops IT infrastructure architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Infrastructure Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Humana is seeking a Programmable Network tech architect who will engineer solutions for the software defined network and hybrid cloud infrastructure for the enterprise. This is an exciting opportunity for forward-looking technology leaders to make key contributions to the evolution and transformation of the company’s networks toward next-generation technologies. This is a critical role within Humana’s IT organization responsible for the engineering and design, planning, implementation, and establishment of operational and maintenance programs to deliver best-in-class next generation network infrastructure. This includes optimizing all aspects of network eco-system, including performance, resiliency, availability, resource utilization and innovation. This person will drive implementation of standards and lifecycle processes. This person will be responsible for leveraging state-of-the-art virtualization, automation, and other software-defined networking (SDN) technologies to develop and deliver a robust, scalable, network eco-system. He/she will work with various leaders across the enterprise to coordinate network solutions to meet challenges of technology, regulatory, security, and competitive conditions.
The scope will include one or more of the following areas of concentration:
· Network overlay technologies to create a programmable virtualized Data Center network (SD-DC);
· Programmable connectivity solutions for developing and managing a hybrid cloud network;
· Software-based technologies to create a programmable virtualized Wide Area network (SDWAN, NFV, etc.);
· Active network traffic management, including analytic and automated self-healing capabilities;
· Automation of provisioning and management in public and private cloud platforms;
· Network segmentation and enclaving
Engineering responsibilities for these areas of concentration include:
· Design for new solutions;
· Programmed solutions and standard solution templates/models/patterns;
· Technology roadmap development, management, and maintenance;
· Software development and lifecycle management practices;
· Implementation strategies, plans, and execution;
· Capacity and performance planning;
· Integration with related engineering efforts;
· Alignment and integration with information security requirements;
· Definition and development of operational KPIs and metrics;
· Disaster recovery/business continuity integration;
· Continuous knowledge and skills improvement
· BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field;
· 5 or more years of network engineering experience;
· Experience in programming software defined networking and automation;
· Experience with implementing and operating a software-defined network environment, especially VMWare NSX;
· Networking experience with public and private cloud platforms.
· Network engineering certification such as CCNA through CCIE or the equivalent;
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact email@example.com to validate the request.
Last verified - 1 day(s) 1 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]