Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Production Associate (Cylinder Filler)
Production Associate (Cylinder Filler)','45223','!*!Position Title: Production Associate (Cylinder Filler)
• Portland, ME
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Cylinder Filler will be responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into liquid, medical and high pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas.
In particular, you will:
• Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for purity and correct mixtures.
• Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
• Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
• Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
• Other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
• HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of one year of prior experience in a manufacturing operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
• Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Strong level of attention to detail.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
• Ability to safely operate a forklift.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to build a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
','Operations','Regular','United States-Maine-Portland-04103','','Full-time','Aug 2, 2022','Production Associate (Cylinder Filler)
Last verified - 1 day(s) 6 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]