Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Process Improvement Manager
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and improving efficiencies for operations. The position(s) may develops and implements programs to establish and maintain quality standards of existing products and services, as well as developing programs to focus employees on quality improvement. Develops policies, procedures and methods to check product, material, components and/or operational quality and improve same. Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity and reduced cost. Determines how new information technologies can support reengineering business processes. May specialize in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and reengineering, change management and measurement, and/or process-driven systems requirements
Criteria Proposed Job Title:
Job Scope &
Technical Excellence • Accomplishes work through others. Manages process improvement function with an operational focus.
• Coordinate, manage and implement key process improvement initiatives
• Manages employees performing related duties including full human resources, cost and budgetary accountabilities.
Decision Making & Impact • Decisions typically related to resources, project approach, and tactical operations.
• Results have significant impact on costs and the achievement of function objectives or project-based goals.
• Monitor trends from audit results to determine root cause, containment steps and prevention remedies to mitigate the risk of future occurrences
• Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and initiatives involving own and possibly related functional areas.
Work Complexity & Independent Judgment • Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals.
• Works within general guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems for a function.
• Works with business process owners and Business Process Analyst to identify, verify, analyze, and implement process improvement and process re-engineering opportunities
• Create and maintain accurate and organized process documentation for the various Customer Operations groups
Leadership • Manages a single function or portion of a department. Regularly manages large-scale projects/activities or a very closely related set of projects/activities.
• Manage and lead team to achieve desired results; ensures team works in accordance with approved company operating policies, procedures, practices and methods.
• Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support and professional levels.
• Ensure ongoing coaching, development and training of team members for a productive work environment
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of Retail Electricity experience required and 1-2 years’ work previous leadership or senior level contributor experience or the equivalent combination of education and/ related experience.
• Ability to build and manage effective project teams, perform effectively within budgetary guidelines and is decisive and confident, with the ability to energize others.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
Last verified - 1 day(s) 6 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]