Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Payroll Accounting Administrator
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation provides base operating support services, construction and renovation and facilities maintenance on government installations. Recognized throughout the industry for our outstanding past performance record (average award fee score is 98%), Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation, delivers the people, technology, resources and knowledge required to be a best-in-class contractor. Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation and it's subsidiaries, operates in over thirty locations throughout the United States and overseas.
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
The Payroll / Accounting Administrator reports to the Payroll Manager and is responsible for the preparation and processing of multi-state weekly and biweekly payroll for over 500 employees. Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines. Assists in other areas of accounting as needed.
· Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
· Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
· Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
· Review Federal and State payroll tax returns and 940s/941s/W-2s.
· Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
· Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers’ compensation payments.
· Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
· Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ability to produce error-free accounting reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business desired.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of payroll management experience required. Must have good technical skills, a solid foundation using MS Office suite, and be an expert user with Excel. Experience with ADP Workforce Now software, Deltek Time and Expense and Deltek Costpoint strongly preferred.
CPP/FCP Credential preferred.
Last verified - 1 day(s) 16 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]