Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned)
Manage the daily operations and production activities. Plan and direct the work activities of operations personnel. Supervises operators in all aspects of power plant operations. Issues operating instructions for economic dispatch, ensure optimum water balance is maintained and supervise the plant chemistry program. Assure operational efficiency, reliability and compliance with safety and environmental standards. Develops and coordinates plant safety programs, including oversight of training certifications, compliance and tag-out procedures. Accountable for maintaining up-to-date environmental and permit requirements. Ensures that all Calpine compliance reports are complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures for staff. Monitors and enforces a safe work environment and participates in the development of procedures that support consistent and safe operations.
• Accomplishes work through others. Manages a combination of multiple operations and maintenance functions such as commissioning, control room operations, crane operations and vehicle maintenance, plant maintenance, IC&E, and water treatment with an operational focus.
• Manages employees performing related duties including full human resources, cost and budgetary accountabilities.
• Decisions typically related to resources, project approach, and tactical operations.
• Results have significant impact on costs and the achievement of function objectives or project-based goals. Assists in the development and administration of plant operating budgets.
• Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and initiatives involving own and possibly related functional areas.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals. Prepares and communicates work schedules for staff, balances workload and monitors quality of results.
• Works within general guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems for a function.
• Manages multiple functions within operation. Regularly manages large-scale projects/activities or a very closely related set of projects/activities.
• Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support and professional levels. Oversees the training and development of staff, including contractors.
• Serves as one of the primary decision makers in the recruiting and selection process.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent. Prefers Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Previous work leadership or senior level contributor experience.
• Typically requires minimum of 5 years of power plant operations experience, preferably heavy frame combustion turbine background.
• Strong computer skills including experience working with spreadsheets, databases and word processing software.
• Valid state driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
Last verified - 1 day(s) 4 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]