Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Manager, Trade Licensing & Compliance
General Dynamics Corporate Headquarters
Serves as a focal point for General Dynamics’ U.S. export/import licensing activities to corporate and business unit groups, located at U.S and international locations, and the U.S. government. Particular focus is placed on managing the licensing process to ensure that license applications are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, guidelines and policies and to resolve issues that arise in the review/approval process. This includes close coordination with business unit trade licensing professionals and the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. Department of Defense.
• Designated as Empowered Official pursuant to 22 CFR 120.25 of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
• Manage the review and submission of incoming business unit licenses, agreements and other authorizations to ensure information is consistent with licensing requirements.
• Act as a primary point of contact between business units and relevant U.S. government agencies to process submitted applications and resolve issues in the review/approval process.
• Provide assistance, counsel, and support in the area of trade licensing and compliance to corporate and business unit groups, located at U.S. and international locations.
• Assist the business units in developing licensing strategies in areas from commodity jurisdiction/product classifications, technology transfers, business development efforts, program execution, and product fielding/support.
• Identify potential export policy or compliance issues and report them to Director for resolution.
• Support initiatives for process improvements related to corporate trade compliance policy, program and processes.
• Stay abreast of developments concerning export/import laws, regulations and policies including changes involving the processing of licenses and agreements through the U.S. Government. Coordinate implementation of these changes with the business units.
• Assist business units to ensure compliant license/agreement execution to include the submission of the necessary reports and records.
• Provide training on licensing and compliance to the Corporation.
• Participate in compliance audits of the business units.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Training Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the ITAR and EAR required.
• Knowledge of Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, Customs, Census regulations desired.
• Knowledge of Foreign Military Sales and government contracting a plus.
• A minimum of eight (8) years demonstrated experience in export/import compliance/licensing.
• Experience using export U.S. government automation tools such as DTRADE, ELISA, and SNAP-R.
• Experience using OCR EASE highly desired.
• Experience in export/import licensing at the business unit/division and/or program level a plus.
• U.S. citizenship required.
• Must have or be able to obtain U.S. security clearance.
• Must have ability to travel to U.S. and foreign locations.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with senior executives across the Corporation.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and produce quality results under tight deadlines.
Last verified - 11 day(s) 7 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]
Falls Church, VA