Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Maintenance Mechanic V, Sarasota, FL (65060)
Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
- with our commitment to the best professional development.
- as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry
- with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference
-by helping improve oral health worldwide.
• The hands on Maintenance Mechanic V (Maintenance Lead) will be responsible providing technical and operational support for the facility and production equipment, directing the daily activities of the maintenance personnel, as well as implementing and maintaining the Preventive Maintenance system.
• Troubleshoot equipment failures and performs repair activities.
• Work independently as well as within the context of a team.
• Maintain records of maintenance and repairs made.
• Determine Root Cause for equipment downtime
• Operate production equipment to check work as required.
• Lead in machine set up and tryout.
• Perform fabrication, assembly, cutting, grinding and pipefitting
• Provide support to production during machine breakdowns.
• Be familiar with the use of micrometers, dial calipers and other measuring devices.
• Work from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches
• Develop and Write SOPs and Work Instructions.
• Understand and execute against SOPs and Work Instructions.
• Automation, Equipment, Trouble Shooting and Process Improvement Changes will be key areas of support
• Reads and understands CAD/Assembly Plans, preferably SolidWorks
• Capable of creating electrical and process drawings, manuals, and engineering specifications
• Support automation build and de-bug activities and Process Validation activities
• Provide support for proof of Design for Assembly concepts
• Work with Quality and Regulatory to ensure ISO 13485 and GMP compliance
• Performs process validations to certify repeatability of selected processes
• Responsible for PM schedule setup for all automated machinery
• Train and develop the maintenance personnel.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Possess a good working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical systems and components.
• Able to read and understand repair manuals and drawings.
• Able to analyze problems and develop solutions.
• Understanding proper safety practices and able to follow procedures while performing maintenance tasks. Basic cost analysis skills.
• Technical writing skills including developing SOPs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation skills.
• Project management, planning and organizing abilities.
• Ability to perform arithmetic computations (i.e. add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals)
• Must be able to operate power tools and mechanical equipment effectively and safely.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of management.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations.
• Good leadership, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must be a self-starter, independent and be able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Dependability and ability to adapt to change are essential.
• Follow applicable work instructions.
• Follow established company policies.
• Follow all established health and safety policies.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• May be required to operate company owned or leased vehicles and trucks
• Must have safe driving record, valid driver’s license, and be able to pass DMV background check
• Ability to safely operate company owned or leased vehicles on public and private roads
• Minimum 4 years experience in a maintenance related position
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as applicable with the ability to learn other applicable programs as necessary
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Associates degree preferred
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to email@example.com
. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.
For California Residents:
We may collect the following categories of personal information in connection with the submission of your resume or application materials to us for employment, and if hired, your employment with us: identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, birthdate); personal records (e.g., telephone number, signature, education information, criminal background information, passport number and visa information); consumer characteristics (e.g., sex, marital status, veteran status, race, disability, sexual orientation); professional or employment information (e.g., resume, cover letter, employment history, background check forms, references, certifications, transcripts and languages spoken); and inferences from personal information collected (e.g., a profile reflecting abilities and aptitudes).
The above categories of personal information are collected for the following business purposes: performing recruitment and hiring services; processing interactions and transactions (e.g., to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, managing the workforce); and security (e.g., detecting security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity).
For additional details and questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last verified - 1 day(s) 15 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]