Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Java Developer/ Senior Architect
ManTech International Corporation.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Performs subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, subsystem and system integration, and tests for a subsystem. Participates in software requirements review, preliminary and critical design reviews, integration readiness review, and software acceptance reviews. Researches problems discovered by quality assurance or product support and develops solutions to the problems. Supports proposal efforts. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical problems associated with specific projects. Requires Bachelors degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related work experience.The Full Stack Developer Sr/Architect is a crucial role on EQRS Agile teams. They are expected to be technically savvy and a hands-on developer, but also be able to collaborate with their product owner, product director, and architect to ensure the backlog is defined properly for upcoming iterations. The Full Stack Developer Sr/Architect should understand the value in incremental product development, and how to help teams embrace and execute iterative delivery of product functionality. The Full Stack Developer Sr/Architect understands the big picture and looks just far enough ahead to avoid technical bottlenecks for their team, so that the team can focus on delivery of each sprint commitment. The Full Stack Developer Sr/Architect also monitors their teams performance and helps mentor and coach other members on the team to ensure the flow of value delivered each sprint. The Full Stack Developer Sr/Architect is able to identify, evaluate,and help prioritize technical debt and enabling functionality, and ensure that suitable collaboration is occurring to support effective prioritization and delivery. The Full Stack Developer Sr/Architect is expected to be a great communicator and able to motivate their team to meet their goals.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded, hands-on developer with a solid foundation and mastery of Java, JEE, SQL, and data modeling. The ideal candidate will provide technical design, development, and support to program management in the initiation,design, development, implementation, maintenance and management of service-based enterprise architecture for EQRS. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to evaluate cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced, iterative delivery environment.
· Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation data analytics application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies
· Ensure adherence and dissemination to their team, required standards and best practices
· Serve as technical liaison between Agile team and product owner and director to understand the business cases from end to end, propose a minimum viable product (MVP) with a plan to continue to evolve the MVP
· Collaborate with product management to provide input towards product road maps and enabling technology
· Support the Scrum Master to ensure the team is meeting their goals and help coach team members in agile development and delivery approaches
· Help their team plan and execute each sprint and assist with impediments to the sprint goal, and in identifying ways to unblock tasks as needed Support the Product Owner from a technical perspective to create well-defined user stories with clear Acceptance Criteria that meet the teams definition of sprint-ready,and are good enough to begin work
· Participate in solution and design discussions with team members and build consensus around how to deliver solutions iteratively, and minimize the amount of work requiredto deliver the intended value
· Partner with architects to provide solutions that are scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with evolving business requirements and architectural vision
· Ensure adherence to quality standards and technical reviews for all deliverables
· Bachelors of Science (or higher) in computer science or related field
· Proven extensive technical programming experience
o 7 years minimum designing large systems containing multiple technologies
o 7 years minimum coding experience with Java building enterprise applications
o 5 years minimum working with COTS/GOTS and custom applications
o 3 years minimum of hands-on experience with Big Data platforms (Hadoop ecosystem),preferred experience with Cloudera
· 5 years minimum successful experience delivering solutions iteratively using Agile approaches and frameworks preferably SCRUM
· Experience in a scaled Agile environment,preferably SAFe
· Effective leader, including technical thought leadership
· Demonstrated experience leading teams on a project level
· Experience writing design documentation based on industry standards or agency standards, within an incremental product delivery environment, preferred
· Expertise in Java Enterprise programming
· Expertise in relational databases (PostgreSQL,Oracle, RDS), SQL and ORM technologies
· Experience with microservices architecture and microservices design patterns
· Preferred experience with Talend to define ETL workflows on Big Data platform
· Preferred experience integrating Microstrategy with a Big Data platform to produce BI reports
· Preferred experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
· Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
· U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
· Location: Owings Mills, MD
Equivalent ExperienceEducation,Bachelors Degree,See Qualifications
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure,Ability to use MS Office,Ability to use PC,Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills,Interpersonal and People Skills,Listening Skills
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx">www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx">http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Last verified - 0 day(s) 18 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]
Owings Mills, MD