Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Head of School
Escuela Comunitaria Del Bronx (ECB)
Head Of School Position
Escuela Comunitaria del Bronx (ECB)
Anticipated school opening in September 2022
Salary and benefits are competitive with local standards and commensurate with experience.
The Escuela Comunitaria del Bronx (ECB) seeks a founding Head of School to partner with the Board of Directors to create a model school serving an under-resourced community in the borough of the Bronx, New York City. ECB is a tuition free, private, Spanish/English dual language community-based school. Beginning with early childhood education, ECB seeks to promote student learning success and impactful community engagement by providing a challenging instructional program, expanded learning opportunities for both students and their advocates, and a full range of health and social services for members of the school community. ECB anticipates opening in September 2022 with a small number of students in toddler (2s and/or 3s) classes and will grow through kindergarten and beyond. The ECB Board of Directors is seeking a visionary individual to collaboratively build the school from the ground up as a founding school leader.
Educational Leadership Skills & Background: The successful candidate will have:
● Administrative, supervisory, and teaching experience, preferably with young children and
● A strong commitment to the mission of ECB as a neighborhood, free, private, child-centered,
and dual-language school.
● The vision and professional skills to serve as a founding Principal, capable of leading the school through the early phases of its growth and expansion, including but not limited to: Article 47 requirements, outfitting the school, curriculum development, faculty/staff hiring, student recruitment, etc..
● The personal strength and interpersonal skills to be an effective spokesperson and enthusiastic representative for ECB in the community.
● Strong leadership to attract, guide, and collaborate with the faculty and staff of the ECB.
● Genuine excitement for the promise of ECB and the community of which it will be a part.
Professional Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
● Fluency in Spanish and English
● Experience with dual language education and curriculum
● Experience with early childhood education
● Familiarity with Community Based Organizations
● Appropriate professional certification
● Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
● Administrative, supervisory, and teaching experience
● Demonstrated school leadership skills
● Advanced educational degree (master’s or higher)
How to Apply: Please submit 1) a letter of interest, 2) a resume, and 3) up to 250 word statement that describes your philosophy as an educational leader. Please email documents to email@example.com
Timeline: The position will remain open until filled. The Head of School will work with the Board through the anticipated school opening in September 2022.
ECB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at ECB are based on strategic needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other protected status.
Last verified - 1 day(s) 3 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]