Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Full Stack Java Developer
ManTech International Corporation.
ManTech is seeking experienced and skilled professionals to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist the Customs Border Protection to effectively and efficiently identifying cargo, individuals and conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States; conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats; develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations; and coordinate and enhance analysis and targeting efforts.
The Full Stack Developer will:
· Design and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications
· Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
· Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government s system lifecycle methodology
Location: Dependent on Customer Alexandria, VA or Herndon, VA, or Sterling, VA
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CBP/BI CLEARANCE. POTENTIAL TO BE SPONSORED FOR A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE.
· Bachelor s degree in computer science or related engineering field with 9 years of technical experience
· Provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS (or equivalent cloud providers)
· Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Impala, MySQL, Elasticsearch, etc.
· Java Micro Service Architecture frameworks such as Spring Boot
· Java Frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Play
· XML, JSON
· SQL, JDBC
· Unix, Linux
· Experience with object-oriented analysis and design techniques
· Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
· Scalable Web Applications
· High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
· Ability to lead and mentor junior level developers
Desired knowledge and experience includes
· Experience with architecting, designing and/or developing a biometric search system
· Developing 100% automating unit tests using SOAP-UI, Selenium, or equivalent tools
· Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (Git and Gradle/Maven)
· with Jenkins and/or Bamboo
· with Zuul and Eureka or equivalent tools
· Load Balancing and Enterprise Service Bus frameworks (preferably under Cloud environment)
· Agile Scrum and possibly experience with leading a Scrum team as a scrum master or equivalent
· Biographic/document text matching using a framework such as Lucene/Solr, ElasticSearch, Sphinx, etc.
· DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra
· JQuery, AngularJS, NodeJS
· Masters in Computer Science or related field
Requires Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, Social Science, Education, Human Resources Development, and Psychology or other related disciplines and twelve to fifteen years of experience or Master s degree and ten to twelve years of related experience or PhD and eight to nine years of related experience.
· Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions. Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components
· Minimum 3 years of Java Enterprise (J2EE) application development and implementation experience
· Demonstrated expertise with Java and strong knowledge of Spring Framework (Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring, Spring Security, Spring Boot, etc.)
· Demonstrated expertise with User Interface technologies like HTML5, CSS/SCSS (experience using Bootstrap is a plus)
· Demonstrated experience with Java Application Servers (preferably Apache Tomcat)
· Demonstrated experience with relational databases (preferably Oracle) and intermediate SQL knowledge
· Demonstrated experience in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
· Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
· Code (preferably Java but will accept any language) and writing samples may be requested
· Must meet the US Citizenship requirement and be able to obtain and maintain a Customs Border Protection Background Investigation
Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx">www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx">http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Last verified - 1 day(s) 2 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]