Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Director of Administration
Fletcher Heald and Hildreth
Director of Administration
(Communications/Litigation/Transactional Law Firm)
Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC
Fletcher Heald & Hildreth, PLC a 20-attorney law firm based in Arlington, Virginia is seeking a senior administrative executive to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Firm. The Director of Administration coordinates administrative departments to ensure efficiency and appropriate staffing levels, provides input on and implements new strategic initiatives, and manages banking and vendor relationships including negotiation of service agreements and other contracts.
- Recruits for open staff positions, onboarding and offboarding of attorneys and staff.
- Oversees Firm’s annual performance evaluation process, and administration of salaries and bonuses.
- Manages employee benefit programs, open enrollment and administration of the Firm’s retirement plan.
- Handles matters related to employee relations
- Working with the Management Committee, prepares annual operating, capital and revenue budget.
- Primary contact with the outside vendor who generates monthly client invoices and accounts payable.
- Monitors spending and prepares operational and financial reports using Surepoint.
- Maintains firm bank accounts, oversees firm’s bank reconciliation and helps to maintain the Firm’s relationship with bankers.
- Serves as the liaison to the landlord and building maintenance team.
- Manages Firm’s client and other records.
- Plans for efficient use of the Firm’s space and acquisition and allocation of equipment.
- Reviews technology systems including hardware/software to increase efficiency and control costs.
- Oversees the Firm’s operating and information systems including the Firm’s IT manager and outside technology vendors.
- Updates Management Committee, keeping them apprised of the status of long-term goals and current issues requiring their attention.
- Advises Management Committee and Members on items related to the Firm’s strategic plan.
- Develops/updates policies and procedures to streamline processes and improve efficiencies.
- Serves as primary contact with the Firm’s professional liability, cyber risk, and employer’s liability insurance brokers and provides data for timely policy renewals.
- Handles other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required; business discipline or CLM preferred.
- 5 years in management in a professional services environment.
- Working knowledge of finance, human resources and information technology required.
- Ability to communicate with the highest level of tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, innovate and lead while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and quality of service.
- Ability to work independently, and to work effectively as a member of a highly functioning team in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to establish professional and personal credibility with clients, colleagues and vendors.
- Possess a continuous improvement, best-in-class service mindset and proactive approach.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and LMS Surepoint required.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision insurance, Life, AD&D insurance, Federal holidays, Transportation allowance.
Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC provides comprehensive legal services for the technology, telecommunications and media industries, partnering with clients on cutting-edge business issues and tackling challenges arising from the rapid evolution in technology and the demands of a global high-tech economy. We are employed by clients in every state in the U.S. and in government and private industry throughout the world. Our new Director of Administration will be an integral part of our practice growth and contribute to the design and structure of our administrative support team.
Fletcher Heald & Hildreth, PLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Interested candidates should send a resume with cover letter to JC Grace and Co LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last verified - 0 day(s) 7 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]
Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC provides comprehensive legal services for the technology, telecommunications, and media industries, partnering with clients on cutting-edge business issues and tackling challenges arising from the rapid evolution in technology and the demands of a global high-tech economy. Our experienced team handles startup and formation; intellectual property, the complexities of Internet law; RF equipment and spectrum issues, and complex litigation. We are employed by clients in every state in the U.S. and in government and private industry throughout the world. As an integral part of our management team, our new Director of Administration will contribute to our practice development and growth and to the design and structure of our administrative support team.