Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Director - SaaS Cloud Security - Detection, Response, Threat Intelligence
Director - SaaS Cloud Security - Detection, Response, Threat Intelligence','1900028R','No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.','!*!We are looking for a seasoned cloud security Detection and Response Director to join our efforts in reshaping the cloud services landscape across industry verticals and leading a team of cloud security incident responders to revolutionize the delivery of Cloud Services to the world’s most critical organizations. The SaaS Cloud Security organization is responsible for securing enterprise-grade software services on behalf of our 25,000 customers, processing over 60 billion transactions per day.
As a Director and a security engineering manager responsible for the SaaS Cloud Security Detection and Response Team, you will oversee the development and execution of security incident response processes within the Oracle SaaS cloud and infrastructure. You will play a critical role in performing investigations, forensic analysis and deliver lessons learned on security events that may occur in Oracle’s SaaS services.
This organization is responsible for coordinating with and reacting to alerts and inquiries from security operations centers globally, as well as directly from our customers. Thorough, timely response and crisp coordination/communication with both internal and external teams will be keys to your success in this role. You will also be working directly with a dedicated security engineering team to continually improve our ability to automate as much of the response process and evidence gathering as possible. Finally, you and your team will jointly execute red/blue team exercises with our in-house red team in an effort to continually improve both detection and response capabilities.
This position requires strong people management experience, deep technical security knowledge and hands on strategic leadership in operating and expanding a successful security Detection and response organization, motions and tactical execution methods. With your deep security and cloud experience, you will shape not only the future of cloud at Oracle, but act as a customer facing persona within the SaaS Security Operations organization.
Behind every mission-critical Cloud service is a sophisticated SaaS architecture supporting the largest companies in the world, employing the most advanced software engineering. We are proud to support those services and team with customers who depend on them, continually innovating and challenging the status quo. Our team environment is progressive, flexible, professionally challenging, rewarding, and fun.
Expects Results: Consistently drives high standards for each individual, the team, and the organization to accomplish key goals.
Communicates and Influences: Clearly communicates information and ideas to individuals and teams in an articulate, focused and compelling way. Willing to offer intellectual mindshare.
Is Analytical and Instinctual: Compares information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Uses data to make decisions but also understands that instinct plays a part in innovating. Always uses good common sense combined with Emotional Intelligence.
Possesses Strong Technology and Architecture Acumen: In-depth understanding of technology, architecture leadership and software development with the ability to draw from personal experience to make recommendations.
Builds and Maintains High Performing Teams: Attracts, develops, engages and retains talented team members by creating an environment where people can realize their full potential. Is ego-free. Acknowledges the work of others first.
· You will build and lead the team in planning and conducting security Detection and response operations and preparedness.
· You will be actively participating in attack detection from a global SOC.
· You and the team members will be planning, designing and executing tabletop exercises cross-functionally across Oracle for SaaS security incident planning.
· You will lead effective reporting, communication, status and solution recommendations based on lessons learned during investigation and forensics activities.
· You will ensure we have effective knowledge management of lessons learned and review results of critical investigations in order to close security gaps and continuously improve SaaS security across the board.
· You will be a driver of creating a culture of operational execution quality and attention to detail at Oracle through your multi-faceted leadership approach including results your team delivers, your hiring practices, and your dedication to growing the individuals on your team into strong Oracle security leaders.
· You will regularly educate senior leadership regarding the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats associated with lessons learned by you and your team.
· You will provide regular threat/risk briefings to senior leadership regarding issues raised by the Detection and response team and adjust Detection and response team activities and agenda based on senior leadership input.
· You will work closely with your partners and peers in security engineering who leverage your findings, analysis and results to assist in driving security innovation and world class security solutions to internal and external customers.
· You will influence and assist in new security solutions, security processes, security standards to support hyper-scale SaaS growth.
· Executive level understanding and experience of cloud security intrusions analysis and security Detection and response.
· 6 years leadership experience managing a security Detection and response team for a large-scale IaaS/PaaS/SaaS Cloud Service Provider, or Fortune 500 company.
· Deep technical understanding of security threat detection, response and operational best practices.
· Strong and hands-on experience/knowledge in the following areas:
o Security Incident Case management and tooling (IBM Resilient, TheHive, etc.)
o Forensic investigation process and tools (EnCase, SANS SIFT, etc.)
o Operating System (UNIX, Solaris, Linux, Mac, Windows: configuration, file system, etc.).
o Customer facing communication in coordination with legal peers
o Driving automation into the forensics and evidence collection process
· Problem solving skills to learn new technical and non-technical analysis techniques to overcome problems.
· Ability to identify and implement both tactical and strategic solutions.
Demonstrated knowledge of AWS, Azure or Google cloud services.
· Ability to lead and engage individuals and teams located across multiple geographies and or cultures.
· Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
You thrive on collaboration. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with peers, engineers, operations, product managers, executives, and designers and inspire them to do their best.
You are passionate and experienced as a security leader. You engage with your peers, the industry and experts to stay current on research, threats, and innovation to drive the right directions and strategies from a security infrastructure perspective.
You are customer focused. Our success is based on customer satisfaction (internal and external) and how we build customer empathy in our culture, in our execution and our results.
You make people successful. It is not about the “I”, it is about the “team” and making your team and the organization successful. As leaders we focus on making our team members as productive and empowered as possible to ensure optimized execution and results.
You are open and transparent. We are a team that open, honest and shares openly with ourselves and our customers to build trust.
You seek learning and feedback. You are self-critical, you proactively seek out feedback. We lead by example and share feedback and learnings in a safe and productive way that focuses on improvements, root cause analysis and never blame as the desired result.
You make things happen. You own and are accountable for delivering the execution to the overall strategy and missions of the organization.
And finally, you want to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to driving security innovation and world class engineering in the SaaS Cloud Security space.
Advanced degree in computer science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.','!*!Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.','Product Development','','US-WA,Washington-Bellevue','','','Regular Employee Hire','Oracle','Director - SaaS Cloud Security - Detection, Response, Threat Intelligence
Last verified - 0 day(s) 16 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]