Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Director, International Tax Reporting - York, PA (64646)
Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
- with our commitment to the best professional development.
- as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry
- with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference
-by helping improve oral health worldwide.
The Director, International Tax Reporting oversees risk assessment, business analysis, policies and procedures, compliance, reporting and planning associated with international tax. The Director, International Tax Reporting should have a comprehensive knowledge of US international tax requirements (including Section 245A, GILTI, FDII, Section 250, Section 163(j), Subpart F, anti-hybrid rules under Sections 245A(e) and 267, and BEAT) and other international tax developments (including the OECD’s BEPS initiative, non-U.S. jurisdictions’ adoption of BEPS-related rules, the MLI, the EU Anti-Tax Avoidance Directives I & II, and DAC6). The Director, International Tax Reporting has responsibility for reporting the international tax impact of Dentsply Sirona global operations on the US tax return and quarterly tax provision. Functionally this job breaks down approximately: 40% Tax Accounting, 30% Compliance Review, 20% Planning, 5% Audits/ Appeals, 5% Other.
Primary roles and principal responsibilities:
• Manage the annual and quarterly accounting for income taxes for international locations.
• Monitor international areas to identify and mitigate potential tax exposure, including compliance with all aspects of FIN 48 for such international tax matters.
• Direct the preparation, maintenance and review of documentation supporting the tax implications of our foreign operations on the provision and tax return, including subpart F inclusions, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credits, tax basis, etc.
• Work closely with the consolidated tax provision team to establish and maintain an effective control environment over international tax reporting.
• Perform detailed research within US international tax and foreign tax laws, regulations, and other legal authority and prepare memos to support the Company’s tax positions
• Work closely with the external auditors for all international income tax accounting matters
• Develop and mentor members of the Tax Department and the international controller’s department
• Assist in the completeness, accuracy and optimization of the U.S. international tax aspects of the US income tax return including: foreign tax credit calculation (Form 1118), foreign affiliate information returns (Forms 5471), foreign disregarded entity returns (Forms 8858), limitation on business interest expense under Section 163(j) (Form 8990), tax on base erosion payments of taxpayers with substantial gross receipts (Form 8991), U.S. shareholder calculation of GILTI (Form 8992), Section 250 deduction for FDII and GILTI (Form 8993), the country by country report (Form 8975) and other international compliance matters (including FBAR submissions and U.S. withholding tax return (Form 1042));
• Responsibility for Commerce reports
• Assist with the management of the global tax team to develop international tax planning initiatives to maximize net foreign source income opportunities; identify transactions or structures that realize permanent tax reductions in foreign jurisdictions; and identify, evaluate and recommend appropriate global tax minimization strategies;
• Work together with Company’s Finance and Treasury Functions with respect to the non-US tax aspects of budgets, forecasts, book reporting of specific transactions, quarterly review of foreign tax provisions, provision of tax on dividends received and Subpart F income, treasury-related transactions, and capital structure changes.;
Audit / Appeals
• Assist in international tax audits to minimize assessments within the constraint of the factual situation and tax law, regulations and rulings.
• Direct coordination and liaison among the locations, advisors and corporate to ensure information and responses are provided to the tax examiner in a timely, efficient and prudent manner.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting; and 10 years related International Tax Experience
• CPA desired, but not required
• Advanced degree (MST, JD/LLM) helpful, but not required
Key Competencies for Success:
• Requires a hands-on work ethic
• Exceptional functional and technical knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong team player
• Ability to work on multiple complex projects and bring those projects to successful conclusion
• Demonstrated success in working across multiple levels of the organization including senior leadership and the Board.
• High energy
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Exhibited patience and persistence in explaining tax matters to varied audience
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.
Last verified - 0 day(s) 22 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]