Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Director, International Tax Reporting - Charlotte, NC (65576)
Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
- with our commitment to the best professional development.
- as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry
- with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference
-by helping improve oral health worldwide.
The Director, International Tax Compliance oversees risk assessment, business analysis, policies and procedures, compliance, reporting, and planning associated with international tax. The Director, International Tax Compliance should have a comprehensive knowledge of US international tax requirements (including Section 245A, GILTI, FDII, Section 250, Section 163(j), Subpart F, anti-hybrid rules under Sections 245A(e) and 267, and BEAT) and other international tax developments (including the OECD’s BEPS initiative, non-U.S. jurisdictions’ adoption of BEPS-related rules, mandatory disclosure regimes – e.g., DAC6, the MLI, and the EU Anti-Tax Avoidance Directives I & II). The Director, International Tax Compliance has responsibility for reporting the international tax impact of Dentsply Sirona global operations on the US tax return and quarterly tax provision. Functionally this job breaks down approximately: 40% Compliance, 30% Tax Accounting Review, 20% Planning, 5% Audits/ Appeals, 5% Other.
Primary roles and principal responsibilities:
• Provide leadership, oversight, and accountability for US International income tax compliance affairs of the company.
• Manage and provide technical support for U.S. International income tax compliance with proven experience on GILTI, FDII, BEAT, subpart F, E&P and tested income calculations, expense apportionment, foreign tax credit limitation calculation and cash repatriation (as well as relevant disclosures/statements in relation to restructurings/entity integrations)
• Plan and coordinate with the Domestic team to gather (e.g., with information requests) and prepare necessary supporting schedules and data associated with the completion of the Federal and various state returns
• Maintain international tax efficient processes, including automating, developing, and implementing procedural changes and/or processes
• Stay current on tax laws and regulations and income tax accounting standards and advise management of significant changes and their impact on the Company
• Play a key role engaging with cross functional groups to assess the tax impact of our business operations and ensure that tax considerations are identified, communicated, and addressed
• Responsible for leading, recruiting, supervising, developing, and mentoring the international tax team.
• Assist with the annual and quarterly accounting for income taxes for international locations.
• Assist with the monitoring of international tax matters to identify and mitigate potential tax exposure, including compliance with all aspects of FIN 48 for such international tax matters.
• Assist with the research of US international tax and foreign tax laws, regulations, and other legal authority and prepare memos to support the Company’s tax positions
• Assist with the management of the global tax team to develop international tax planning initiatives to maximize net foreign source income opportunities; identify transactions or structures that realize permanent tax reductions in foreign jurisdictions; and identify, evaluate, and recommend appropriate global tax minimization strategies;
• Work together with Company’s Finance and Treasury Functions with respect to the non-US tax aspects of budgets, forecasts, book reporting of specific transactions, quarterly review of foreign tax provisions, provision of tax on dividends received and Subpart F income, treasury-related transactions, and capital structure changes;
Audit / Appeals
• Assist in international tax audits to minimize assessments within the constraint of the factual situation and tax law, regulations, and rulings.
• Direct coordination and liaison among the locations, advisors and corporate to ensure information and responses are provided to the tax examiner in a timely, efficient, and prudent manner.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting; and 10 years related International Tax Experience
• CPA desired, but not required
• Advanced degree (MST, JD/LLM) helpful, but not required
Key Competencies for Success:
• Requires a hands-on work ethic
• Exceptional functional and technical knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong team player
• Ability to work on multiple complex projects and bring those projects to successful conclusion
• Demonstrated success in working across multiple levels of the organization including senior leadership and the Board.
• High energy
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Exhibited patience and persistence in explaining tax matters to varied audience
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to email@example.com
. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.
Last verified - 1 day(s) 17 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]