Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Development Engineer, Pressing
Branson Ultrasonics Corporation
Development Engineer, Pressing','18015410','United States-Ohio-Elyria','','Engineering','Oct 23, 2018','!*!
If you are a mechanical engineer with a keen eye for world-class designs, and are passionate about the user experience, this amazing job, and the prestige that goes with it, could indeed be yours!
We are actively seeking a talented, creative, analytical, and inspired hands-on Engineer to work on one of our New Product Development teams (In other words, we are looking for an engineer with “The Right Stuff”) This compelling, strategic (and frankly pretty gratifying) work will be key to blending the desires of our customers with our business goals. What that really means is making new products for our customers, designed around their specific needs, so they can be the best at what they do.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of real-world, fast-paced design experience. Someone who is looking to grow their career, enjoys working in a collaborative environment with high-energy coworkers and seeks a culture where all people, including inspired, creative, design professionals, are appreciated and supported for their unique skill set.
Ridge Tool Company (owner of the RIDGID® brand of professional grade plumbing tools and machines) has a Product Development Engineer position open in a New Product Development group. This position is for our Elyria, Ohio world headquarters (a location which includes both design and manufacturing operations). Primary responsibilities include:
• Design and development of new products and processes. This involves complete project responsibility
including concept development, component design, design verification, scheduling, product costing and reporting.
• Understanding of user needs in order to develop technical product specifications to meet those needs.
• Feasibility studies to assess technology matches to product specifications.
• Proactive participation in cross functional teams. Collaboration in order to achieve optimum outcomes.
• Prioritization of goals in order to deliver products on time while meeting cost and quality targets.
• Failure analysis and implementation of corrective measures.
• Participation in cost and quality improvement programs.','!*!Requirements
At a minimum, candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Additionally, ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in design and development of mechanical / electro-mechanical products. Relevant Co-op or intern experience will also be considered.
• Hands on experience with a variety of consumer and construction tools and equipment.
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, forging, and machining.
• Basic knowledge of 3D CAD design, Solid Edge experience preferred.
• “Can Do” attitude with the ability to get things done.
• Preference for experience in a test lab environment (design and set up of product tests), including failure analysis.
• Preference for prior experience with FEA software.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.','!*!About EmersonImagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
','Development Engineer, Pressing
Last verified - 0 day(s) 12 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]