Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
Cook Full time
Cook Full time','2028184','!*!The Cook prepares, seasons and cooks regular and therapeutic diets for patients, employees, visitors and special functions.
Job Code: 100069
','!*!License or Certification:
- Food handlers permit (if required by state or county regulations)
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable.
- Knowledge of all A.A.C.C.P. guidelines, preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety guidelines, preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment, convection oven, mixer, steamer, gas range, grill, oven, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, meat slicer
- Ability to sit, stand for long periods, reach, push, pull and lift minimum of 20 pounds, stoop and kneel
- Ability to grasp and use fine finger movement, feel fine sensation to discern temperate and texture.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbal arenas as well as via email.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to ensure sanitation of department
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e. before, during or after a disaster.
- Regular attendance and reporting on time to work is a requirement of position.','Tennessee-Martin-Cane Creek LLC','Non-exempt','','Environmental/Food Services','Regular','Sharon E Shihady','Sharon.Shihady@encompasshealth.com','Cook Full time
Last verified - 0 day(s) 10 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]