Employer Sponsored Job (Free to apply to)
PAREXEL International Corporation
Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it
United States of America - Remote - Northeast
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
The Attoney/Associate Counsel is primarily responsible and accountable for independently drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, with an emphasis on revenue-generating contracts with our customers. The successful candidate will have frequent interactions with internal stakeholders across multiple business units and functional groups and will be responsible for ensuring that all contracting processes are followed, including obtaining and documenting all approvals required in connection with each contract. In addition to the drafting and negotiation of customer-facing commercial contracts, the Attorney/Associate Counsel will also draft, negotiate and close a variety of vendor contracts and other agreements relating to the Company’s operations. The ideal candidate will have deep contracting expertise, substantial experience supporting global clinical trials, first-rate legal and business acumen, excellent leadership and customer service skills, and a positive “can-do” attitude. The ability to understand risks, balance competing interests, and provide rapid, practical and appropriate legal advice to the Company’s strategic business units (SBUs) and functional units is critical to success for this position. The Attorney/Associate Counsel will participate in and contribute to the on-going review and improvement of relevant processes, guidelines and procedures relating to the Company’s operations. The work requires cross-functional and cross-SBU collaboration within the Company.
This is a client-facing position. It is expected that the Attorney/Associate Counsel will establish productive relationships with our internal and external clients and business partners and foster a client-focused approach with respect to the performance of all Legal & Risk Management responsibilities.
* Ability to analyze complex business and legal issues/risks in order to advance practical solutions.
• Exceptional legal drafting skills with an affinity for using language to achieve compromise.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to take a business and client-focused approach to work.
• Process-oriented and proactive approach to contract drafting and negotiation.
• Able to engage team members in order to improve performance and achieve objectives.
• Initiative, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness.
• Independent worker and self-starter.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and varied negotiations with enthusiasm and attention to detail.
• Possess financial and business acumen.
• Ability to establish project management plans with internal and external stakeholders and drive negotiations in accordance with aggressive timelines.
• JD and Bar Admission (or foreign equivalent) required
Minimum Work Experience
• Strong professional experience as an attorney, minimum 2-6 years law firm training (large multi-national law firm preferred), and/or 2-6 years in-house experience negotiating commercial contracts for a global corporation (preference for life sciences).
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Last verified - 0 day(s) 20 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]