Creating the perfect resume is not tough and if you're one of those people who've been called for interviews and never heard back from the employers after you've submitted a copy of your resume, you really need to consider changing that most important document.
Effective Resume Writing Tips
You need to create a strong resume that can help you bag your dream job, but if you really don't know where to get started, here are a few resume tips that help you create that perfect resume.
- Understand The Purpose: Every job opening is different and based on the kind of job you're applying to, you need to understand the purpose of the job before you send in your resume. Unlike what most people believe, one of the biggest resume blunders people make is sending out the same resume copies for various applications. While you might have spent loads of time creating this resume, this resume is not created to match the application and thus is most likely to get rejected.
- Formatting: While you might really like the new design your friend created using the latest word formatting, the fact is if you're sending out a soft copy of your resume and the other party has another version of Word, they might end up receiving a scattered resume which is hard to read and could land up in the reject folder.
- KISS - This is by far one of the most effective resume tips you'll come across. Always remember to Keep It Short &Sweet. This way, you'll make fewer mistakes and you put across only the information that's required. Employers don't have a lot of time and they hate going through pages and pages of material. So always ensure your resume is not very long.
- Never Miss Out Vital Information: Always keep a few resume writing tips handy. This helps you to include all the information you need to include in your resume and helps you to create a resume that's complete, informative and provides the employer with all the information they need.
- Use A Standard Font: Remember that no matter how attractive fancy fonts look, they don't really do much in terms of helping you bag a job. It's always preferred to use a font that's common and readable. This not only proves you're a professional, it proves you're secure enough with your profile and like to keep it simple.
Create Job Alert | Email to Friend |