Unless you stand out in the crowd, the fight for the promotion you always wanted will remain a dream. Here are a few tips you can use to grab the attention of your employers and hold it for as long as you want it:
- Be Super Punctual - Come in before the normal office start time. If the official time starts at 9:00 AM, be at the office at 8:45 AM. These would be the best invested 15 minutes ever. Try your best to adjust your schedule in such a manner, that you arrive some 5-10 minutes before your boss does. Employers always notice those who are punctual and those who are late.
- Project a Sunny Disposition - Everybody has some problem or another at home or in their lives; nobody wants to know about yours. Leave your problems out of the office, just as you should leave your office out of your home. Smile when you greet your boss, peers and juniors. Practice working with a sunny disposition. Happy people are always the most popular - not the grumpy ones.
- Volunteer for Work that Others Shun, But is Important - Volunteering for all the work that is spilling over in the office is suicidal. But if it is important to the company - and your boss - it is essential that you are always there when there is a jam. After a while, your employers will learn to depend on you for your support and contribution.
- Be Super Organized With the Paperwork - Did you know that most people spend about 1/4th of their total working hours searching for important documents? Be super organized. Have all the important papers filed properly so it only takes you seconds to locate anything you need.
- Be Super Organized about Your Schedule - The same applies for your day. Have 'to do' lists done the previous evening so you will not waste time on those items in the morning. Of course, always be prepared for any emergency demand on your time. However, normally you should have your schedule worked out to give you the maximum output and outcome - both are important.
Create Job Alert | Email to Friend |