Software Engineer Intern, Fall 2017 Job
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***
Software Engineer Intern, Fall 2017
LOCATION: RI - Pawtucket
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Intern
JOB CATEGORY: Corporate Services
Software Engineer Intern, Fall 2017
Hasbro's IT department is looking for a part time intern, working at least 20 hours a week until January 2018
Participate as a member of a highly motivated Agile team focused on providing business based solutions. This role requires someone who is creative, proactive, constructive, innovative and highly motivated. This role is business focused and you are expected to part of a collaborative business environment. This individual needs the ability to present to leadership and can solution based on customer requests, sometimes with minimal knowledge of the full end product. Besides development you will have the ability to wear many hats within this role, including project management, business analysis, and product owner.
* Software development focused on server-side technologies and engineering
Software & Tools for Design, Development, Testing, and Adoption
* Researching and providing Proof of Concepts into Emerging Digital Technologies
* Demonstrations to leadership
* Ability to build systems and carrel APIs to develop interactions
* Expected to take initiative and act as a leader for small projects involving a variety of internal and external teams, coordinating with several teams through all phases of planning and execution.
* Participate in code reviews
* Passion for emerging technologies (AR/VR/MR, AI/ML, Cloud, etc.)
* Strong Computer Science foundation
* Familiarity with Git & Jira
* Excellent Communication skills
* Collaborative work-ethic must be a priority
* Develop using secure coding standards
Detail-oriented Preferred Qualifications:
* Node.JS, YAML knowledge
* Restful API experience required
* Cloud Services
* Application/Data Security
* Microservices Architecture
* Database scripting (MySQL/MongoDB)
* Mobile iOS and Android experience a plus
* Methodical approach to problem solving utilizing tools and techniques
* Construction of concise and complete technical documentation.
* Good listener who can translate requirements to actions.
* Detailed understanding of the goals and requirements of the business supported.
Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a degree program, May 2017 graduates or earlier are not eligible for our program
- Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Web Development
- Drive to learn new programming languages/concepts
- Experience with front end and/or backend web development
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate
Last verified - 1 day(s) 4 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]
Report Error with this job
Report a Recruiter Job
Report a Spam Job
Report Miscategorized Job
Feedback about Job
Postal code: ******
|Jobs, might be of your interest|