Cost Engineer Job
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***
LOCATION: RI - Pawtucket
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Regular
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
The Hasbro Global Engineering and Technology team is seeking a Cost Engineer to join our development team, supporting our product development in Rhode Island. You will be part of the future design and development of Hasbro's Franchise brands including: My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, Equestria Girls, Baby Alive and Furby. This position will have a large emphasis on the Soft Goods/Textile cost estimating of these lines, as well as having cost management responsibilities for their basic toy product lines.
In this position you will be responsible for maintaining the overall product and tooling costs of the product line to help the development teams meet and exceed financial goals. Utilizing solid communication, problem solving, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, Microsoft Office skills, and soft goods/textile knowledge, you will function as the cost lead from initial concept throughout the product lifecycle.
You will partner with Project Engineers and other development partners to generate early product cost estimates. You'll work closely with the Soft Goods Engineering Team to prepare detailed ‘Should Cost' analyses for new product introductions. This activity will require comprehensive understanding of how soft goods items are designed, constructed, and assembled in a mass production environment. You will also evaluate quotes received from manufacturing vendors to assess their accuracy and identify opportunities for further cost reductions and efficiencies. .
You will help drive the cross-functional development teams to cost decisions as part of the development process including gate reviews, team meetings, management reviews, cost discussions and vendor negotiations. You will interface with global development partners to identify cost savings opportunities and suggest alternatives for new and ongoing projects throughout their market lifecycle. You will be responsible for maintaining and reporting costs and cost savings during negotiations and throughout the development cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Estimate and maintain product and tooling costs based on design input from the development teams.
* Provide accurate and detailed product ‘Should Costs' to help guide the development efforts for new product introductions.
* Actively engage and drive teams to on-time cost decisions to help reach margin goals.
* Anticipate, analyze, resolve and escalate project cost issues both internally and with our manufacturing partners.
* Collaborate with Design and Project Engineering on concepts.
* Understand manufacturing and industrial engineering techniques (both soft goods and plastic) to propose cost savings solutions to team and vendor partners.
* Review vendor quotes for accuracy, prepare material and labor variance analysis, and help direct cost negotiation with manufacturing vendors, find cost savings.
* Communicate with Hasbro Far East as well as other global development partners.
* B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or B.S. in Accounting (with manufacturing)
* 3-5 years of toy industry and/or fabric/textile/soft goods estimating required
* Knowledge of engineering-related disciplines involving soft goods/textile production.
* Must have advanced experience in using Microsoft Excel, and Word.
* Must be able to collaborate with and effectively influence cross-functional teams in the U.S. and globally.
* Knowledge of soft goods manufacturing techniques, assembly methods and cost analysis (PTS/SMV).
* Ability to create ‘Should Cost' analysis for new product concepts upon receipt of design and engineering specifications.
* Ability to scrutinize manufacturing vendor quotations to assess accuracy and identify all product cost savings opportunities.
* Ability to interpret quality, safety and reliability standards to meet requirements.
* Experience working in the toy and/or apparel/consumer products industry.
* Ability to successfully communicate and/or translate technical information.
* Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects and shifting priorities.
* Basic Knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks) to analyze product designs for preparing cost estimates
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
BUSINESS UNIT: Global Development
Last verified - 1 day(s) 11 hour(s) ago [What does Last Verified mean?]
Report Error with this job
Report a Recruiter Job
Report a Spam Job
Report Miscategorized Job
Feedback about Job
Postal code: ******
|Jobs, might be of your interest|
Project Cost Estimating Engineer, Sr./Staff Job, Geismar, LA
Project Cost Estimating Engineer, Sr./Staff-1703749 We are an equal opportunity..