- Your user names and password must not be distributed to others. This will result in immediate termination of service.
- Hound.com has the right to refuse membership or cancel membership at any time for any reason. Your membership fees are non-refundable.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service. The material on the Service is for the private, non-commercial enjoyment of members only. Any other use is prohibited.
Hound.com currently provides members with access to jobs that are provided to the site through various means and aggregated on the site for members to view. While Hound.com makes every effort to only list jobs which employers may want those in the legal community to know about, we are not responsible for the accuracy of our jobs and/or the contact information for those jobs and any consequences to our users that may follow from them applying to given jobs listed on the Hound.com website. The inclusion of links on this site does not constitute an endorsement of the employer or a guarantee that a job even exists with a given employer. Hound.com assumes no liability whatsoever for the quality or legality of the jobs posted on its site, or whether or not employers are actually able to hire a candidate in response to a given job listing. Furthermore, Hound.com does not censor any position offered including, but not limited to, the identity of the employer.
THIS SITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION FOUND ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXPECTATIONS OF PRIVACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
HOUND.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Hound.com DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, ACT OF GOD/ACT OF NATURE, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
AS A HOUND.COM MEMBER, YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR A MEMBERSHIP IN ACCORDANCE WITH HOUND.COM'S MEMBERSHIP FEE. IF YOU ARE A MONTHLY SUBSCRIBER, AS OF THIS DATE THE MEMBERSHIP FEE IS $39.95 PER MONTH. YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY BILLED EACH MONTH, UNTIL AND UNLESS YOU CONTACT US BY TELEPHONE TO CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO CANCEL WITHOUT CHARGE AT ANY TIME DURING THE 72-HOUR RISK FREE TRIAL PERIOD. AFTER THE TRIAL PERIOD, YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP AT ANY TIME, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND FOR ANY UNUSED PORTION REMAINING ON YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU MUST CANCEL BEFORE YOUR NEXT BILLING DATE IN ORDER TO AVOID A CHARGE FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTH-LONG PERIOD. IF YOUR BILLING DATE FALLS ON A WEEKEND OR LEGAL U.S. HOLIDAY, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CALL ON A WEEKDAY PRIOR TO YOUR BILLING DATE. YOUR BILLING DATE REFLECTS THE DATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH HOUND.COM WAS INITIATED. YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH HOUND.COM BY CALLING US AT OUR DIRECT LINE AT (800) 680-7231 BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9:00 A.M. AND 5:00 P.M. (PACIFIC STANDARD TIME), MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY (EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS), AND SPEAK WITH ONE OF OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES TO TELL US YOU NO LONGER WISH TO BE CHARGED FOR THE SERVICE. HOUND.COM PRESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE MEMBERSHIP FEES AT ANY TIME. YOUR SUBSCRIPTION TO HOUND.COM WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED EVERY MONTH, UNLESS HOUND.COM IS NOTIFIED BY PHONE. UNTIL YOU TERMINATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP, YOU AUTHORIZE OUR BILLING COMPANY TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD (OR OTHER APPROVED FACILITY OR MECHANISM) FOR THE ONGOING SUBSCRIPTION FEE.
IN ADDITION TO MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS, HOUND.COM OFFERS THE OPTION OF SIGNING UP FOR DISCOUNTED MEMBERSHIPS THAT ARE BILLED EVERY THREE MONTHS, EVERY SIX MONTHS OR EVERY YEAR. THE CURRENT FEES FOR SUCH MEMBERSHIPS ARE $96.50, $173.00, AND $290.00 RESPECTIVELY. EXCEPT FOR (A) THE DURATION OF THE RECURRING BILLING PERIOD AND (B) THE PERIODIC FEES, THE TERMS FOR SUCH MEMBERSHIPS ARE THE SAME AS FOR MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS AS DESCRIBED.
Please inform Hound.com of any of the following changes in your credit card or debit account: Change in home or billing address or other contact information; card loss or theft or unauthorized usage of the card; or apparent breach of security of username or password, such that unauthorized access to the Hound.com service via the card is possible. Unless you give proper notice to Hound.com of any such event, you agree to pay all charges for unauthorized use of the service. In addition, Hound.com shall not be responsible for any bank overdraft fees, charges for exceeding credit limits, or any other fees or charges that may be imposed by your bank or credit card company. If your credit or debit card is declined for any reason, you may be sent an invoice for the amount due, and you agree to pay that invoice. This invoice is payable by contacting our Customer Service Department during their stated hours of operation, or by sending remittance by check to:
202 S Lake Ave, Unit 250
Pasadena, CA 91101.
Should your check payment of your outstanding invoiced balance be returned unpaid for any reason (non-sufficient funds, account closure, etc.) Hound.com will assess a per-check fee of $40.00, regardless of the check's written amount. You agree to pay this penalty if your check is unable to be deposited. Hound.com assumes no responsibility for fees, charges, or any other penalty that may be imposed by your bank as a result of an unpaid check.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL HOUND.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE, EVEN IF Hound.com OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL HOUND.COM'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
You, and not Hound.com, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via Hound.com. The information on Hound.com is provided by Hound.com, various users of the service and outside parties and Hound.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, tastefulness, or quality of such information.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, another individual in search of a legal position;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas of the Service that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; or
- "stalk," otherwise harass an employer by advising Hound.com of positions that are not actual; or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge and agree that Hound.com may preserve your personal information and may also disclose this personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the terms of service; (c) respond to claims that any of this personal information violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Hound.com, its users and the public.
- Hound.com neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion or statement made on Hound.com. Under no circumstances will Hound.com be liable for any damage caused by reliance on information obtained through Hound.com. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any information opinion, advice or other information available through Hound.com. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion other content.
- Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable information. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of Hound.com, use of Hound.com, or access to Hound.com. Only one person may access any Hound.com website at any given time using the same username and password, unless we agree otherwise in writing. Hound.com reserves the right to immediately revoke your account and/or assess a $10,000 daily penalty for copying any copyrighted text from our sites or otherwise misusing or misappropriating any site content, including but not limited to, use on a "mirrored", competitive, or third party site.
- You acknowledge that Hound.com may establish general practices and limits concerning use of Hound.com, including without limitation the maximum number of days that information pertaining to you or other uploaded content will be retained by Hound.com, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on Hound.com, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on Hound.com, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on Hound.com's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that Hound.com has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service.
- Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. Hound.com may also provide notices of changes to Hound.com or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on Hound.com.
- Hound.com, the Hound.com logo, trademarks and service marks, and other Hound.com logos and product and service names are trademarks of Hound.com Inc. (the "Hound.com Marks"). Without Hound.com's prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the Hound.com Marks.
Hound.com respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Hound.com with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Hound.com's Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on its site can be reached as follows:
Hound.com Copyright Agent
202 S Lake Ave, Unit 250
Pasadena, CA 91101.
- posting any incomplete, false or inaccurate information about yourself, your organization, and/or your postings. Further, organizations and/or individuals which represent hiring organizations (i.e. recruiting or staffing agencies) must identify themselves as such on the site during the signup process and must not otherwise misrepresent themselves or the positions that they post;
- posting any material that is not entirely your own or for which you do not have full rights to use;
- posting, advertising, or otherwise promoting any franchise, "pyramid" scheme, "club membership," distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity that requires an up-front or periodic payment, pays commissions only (no significant salary), requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- deleting or otherwise revising any material posted by any other person;
- using any device, software, or routine to interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the proper working of Hound.com or any activity being conducted on this Site;
- taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Hound.com's infrastructure (including without limitation "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing," or "crashing" the Site);
- notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using (or attempting to use) any engine, software tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to navigate or search Hound.com other than the search engine and search agents available from Hound.com on the site and other than generally available third party Web browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer, etc.);
- accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting;
- if you have a password, allowing any other person to access a non-public area of this Site, disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose; and
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of this Site.
Hound.com provides its valued members the opportunity to register for account updates, news, and marketing information delivered via text messaging and other wireless devices such as mobile phones. You may provide your consent to receive such information from Hound.com either when registering on this website or by contacting us at any time. The relevant information requested as part of your online registration process is your telephone number or a wireless email address, but only if specifically requested, and the carrier's name.
Members who register for Hound.com's wireless marketing services acknowledge, understand and agree that they will likely be charged by the user's wireless carrier for all messages sent to the user from Hound.com. Standard messaging rates will apply, unless noted otherwise. Under no circumstances will Hound.com or any of its affiliates be responsible for any wireless email or text messaging charges incurred by a member or by a person that has access to a member's wireless device, telephone number, or email address.
You hereby understand, acknowledge and agree that Hound.com may, in its sole discretion and without liability to any member, terminate any of its specific wireless update services or all wireless update services at any time without advance notice. Hound.com may provide notice of termination or changes in services on this website.
- You hereby warrant and represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age (21 in some jurisdictions) and have the legal capacity to enter into agreements of this nature. Hound.com makes no representation or warranty that the content published on this site complies with the local laws of your jurisdiction. You are solely responsible for knowing and understanding your local laws concerning standards of content legality. You further represent and warrant that you understand the nature of the content published on this site, namely, information about legal positions, and that you voluntarily and knowingly choose to view such material. Should you be unable to affirmatively make the representations and warranties contained herein, do NOT subscribe to this Service.
- Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. AP will not be held liable in any way to the User or to any third party or to any other person who may receive information in the Service or to any other person whatsoever, for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions there from or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing or occasioned thereby.
The failure of Hound.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms of service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the terms of service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the terms of service remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of Hound.com or the terms of service that you may have must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.