Best way to get rid of age bias:
By understanding the exact problem of age bias, you can take the right action to reduce such discrimination. There are some effective procedures to avoid this sort of problem like an appraisal of the company’s culture, revision of recruiting and screening processes, preventive training, retirement policies, and an improved commitment to offer an excellent work atmosphere for all ages. This requires proper management or plans and the commitment of management. In this up and down market, age biases can occure with young and older employees. This is also happens even though people are cosseted through the federal equal employment opportunity laws. Employer’s can take action to ensure that age bias can not occur in their place of business.
Prevent the age factor in workplace:
You need to design a promotion goal through which the employees can be attracted towards the objectives in a long term period. There are a number of companies that are following these steps for preventing the age discriminating. While you are discriminating the age factor, be sure that you are familiar with the laws so that you don’t mark out the age in advertisements for any vacancies or in applications. You need to make sure that your application, resume, and cover letters are free from these questions. It is illegal to ask about a possible employee’s age. For example, when a person comes to a job interview don’t ask the age directly because the candidate is so careful about it, that’s why recruiters prefer to ask about the age factor indirectly. Here, you can get some of the best ways to prevent the age bias and these are mentioned below.
- Enhance the companys or organizations awareness about the age discriminating
- You need to make sure each employee has had training to protect against age bias
- The training should be under the federal or state laws
- Notify all workers that age bias of any type of problems will not be tolerated
- You should make a work atmosphere which is attracting employees to work in a team.
- Encourage employees to file a complaint while they feel age discrimination. Supervisors and managers should know how to handle these complaints.
Create Job Alert | Email to Friend |